The made local movement is stronger than ever, but as we get closer to Christmas there is that tendency to hop over to Amazon or a Big Box Store to shop somewhere that can provide faster service. Don’t feel bad, we all do it, even me! But this year I have made a point of stopping myself and seeking out somewhere local to buy a gift and I figured you might need help with that too.
This is the last week to shop before Christmas and I have A LOT of shops to help you out. No matter where you are in Ontario, there are a lot of shops to help you keep supporting local leading up to the Holidays.
Maker House Co.
- Local, Handmade Furniture, homewares & gifts, know the story of your stuff, meet the makers and craft change with each sale.
Boogie & Birdie
- Creature Comforts for your home and life, locally and Canadian Made.
– Home & Living, Bath & Body, Clothing, Jewelry, Accessories, Paper Goods
- One stop shop for unique accessories, cards, gifts & home décor
Markets by Day Dream
- A group of artisans all under one roof. They even have boxes for everyone in your life, all filled with items made locally.
– Apothecary, Art & Posters, Clothing & Accessories, Food & Drink, Homeware, Jewelry, Kids & Toys, Paper Goods, Publications, Smoking Accessories
Labour of Love
- Tea, Kitchen Bar, Gifts, Wellness, Beauty, Jewellery, Slow Fashion & Greeting Cards
- Intentional + thoughtful cards & gifts sourced with love.
Dove and Arrow
- A lifestyle shop featuring clothing, home décor and unique local goods.
Gilded Cage Boutique
- Help change the world by supporting ethically made, sustainable, luxurious fashion
Rug and Weave
- Rugs, Pillow, Furniture, Décor, Kids, Gifts & More!
The Sharing Squirrel - New and nearly new Clothing, Toys and Gear for babies, tots and moms to be
One and Only - Unique and handmade products from over 100 Canadian Artisans.
Black & Smith - Fine craft gallery featuring Canadian art and pottery.
Craft Art Market - Kitchen, Jewellery, Home and a Café Espresso Bar
- Clothing & Accessories
The Georgian Artisan Shop - Canadian Made Gifts from ceramics, jewelry, stationary, art & more
The Tiny Art Shack - Accessories, Gifts and Holiday Décor, all Canadian Made.
The Kawartha Store - Women’s and Men’s Clothing + Gifts, with their focus being Canadian Made
Up River Trading Co. – Cottage Country inspired Gifts & Accessories
Stitch & Stone - Clothing, Accessories, Home Décor, Bath & Body
Duly Noted Stationary - Candles, Puzzles, Embroidery, Wall Art and Cards. They will even mail one for you!
Even though we are coming up on Christmas and we are needing our gifts ASAP, we can still shop and support local. All of these places carry locally made items and you will be supporting someone within your community. Plus there are even more Local Shops in Part 2.